We may not be able to buy happiness with food, but we can make a cocktail and share happiness around. Hosting brunch on Saturday or Sunday with the girls or boys can be exciting with cocktail. Chill and drink cold cocktail that is both medicinal and sweet. Sometimes we don’t need to spend a lot of money on drinks when we can prepare one.
African cocktail can give you that taste that your friends wouldn’t forget in a hurry. Here is our pick for the week; the Kenyan Dawa. Dawa simply means medicine in the Swahili language. Over the years, the Carnivore Restaurant in Nairobi has given us Kenyan Dawa. The story of this cocktail spread from the restaurant to the rest of the world. If you are in Kenya, you are in for a luck because you can be served with nyama choma when you order the cocktail.
- 2 slices of lime
- 2 shots of Vodka. Some people prefer Smirnoff
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Crushed Ice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Get a glass and fill it with either Smirnoff or vodka and ice.
- Pour the sugar and lime
- Dip a wooden stick into the honey and add in 2 tablespoons equivalent into the glass.
- Mix well with the wooden stick and crush the limes.
- If you want the drink a bit sweeter add a bit more honey.
Viola! You see the preparation is simple. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to spoil your friends with a great drink. Whether you are in Kenya or Ghana, this medicinal cocktail will do your body and soul good. If you love trying cocktails, maybe this drink is for you. For those of us who want our events to look special when it comes to drinks, Dawa is here for you to try.