Deadline: 15 May 2018.
The Graça Machel Trust and the Mandela Institute of Development Studies (MINDS) in partnership with the African Leadership University (ALU) have launched the 2018 Mandela Centennial Scholarship Programme. The 2018 programme is a landmark scholarship celebrating the 100th birthday of Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela.
The late Mandela strongly believed that education has the transformative power and ability to bring prosperity, dignity and self-actualization to Africans.
Throughout Mandela’s days as president and even after he stepped down, he created numerous opportunities for children from all walks of life to have access to education.
The major aim of the Mandela Centennial Scholars Programme is to celebrate the legacy of President Mandela and ensure that his good work does not go down. 100 outstanding students who come from disadvantaged backgrounds are given the opportunities to school at ALU. There is provision of scholarship and also an avenue to be developed as a leader..
- The Candidates is expected to be from any African country and should have gotten an approval to at ALU in Rwanda for any degree programme,.
- The scholarship is only applied when you have gotten the admission to study at ALU and you have also been approved to study at the Rwanda campus.
Benefits of the scholarship:
- The scholarship is going to cover travel, housing, full tuition and a stipend that will take care of meals and other expenses. However, for those who are from Rwanda and are living in Kigali, the scholarship can only take care of the tuition fees.
Deadline to apply for the scholarship: 15 May 2018
Public announcement of the successful candidates : July 2018
Lectures Begins at ALU : September 2018
- Eligible candidates are expected to get access the ALU Admitted Student Portal once they are admitted. They are expected to submit their application for the Mandela Centennial Scholarship on the portal.
- Candidates are expected to take Knack, which is an Artificial Intelligence admissions simulation and they are going to submit a 500-1000 word essay for review by the scholarship committee.