Your fashion style speaks volumes. Everyone wants to look absolutely stunning in the styles they pick but, this isn’t an easy task. Knowing what look to pull off in an event or occasion is important and often quite difficult to achieve.
Our fashion tips and advice will no doubt grow your confidence in your style.
- Have an Appropriate Capsule Wardrobe: A capsule wardrobe is simply a small collection of clothes that can be worn in different ways and includes everything you would normally need to wear such as an iconic little black dress, a pair of black or blue jeans that fit perfectly, a classic blazer, simple T-shirts, neutral coloured button-downs, and a leather jacket, preferably black or denim jacket. Building a capsule wardrobe enables you to create a variety of different outfits with just a small selection of clothes and is a key to looking well put together.
- Make Sure Your Clothes Fit Perfectly: Oversized or undersized clothes will no doubt leave you looking sloppy and awkward, although the current fashion trend for oversized clothes seems to be growing. One way to make any kind of attire look amazing on you is to have it sewn for you. Hire a good tailor who “understands the assignment” and delivers at the right time. Also, you can pair off undersized and oversized items in your capsule wardrobe in a fashionable and stylish way.
- Have an Adequate Knowledge of How to Balance Proportions: Balancing proportions involve creating an aesthetic harmony with how you style your outfits. To achieve this, you need to wear clothes that are appropriate for your body shape. Even if you want to play with unusually shaped or oversized clothes, ensure you keep the rest of your look fitted. For instance, you can pair a puff-shoulder top with straight-leg pants or a tight crop top with wide-leg jeans.
- Develop Your Personal Style: Nothing looks better than a style that is absolutely for you. This may take several months or years, but it is worth the time. You can start by playing with shapes and colours to find out what looks great on your body and create a mood board to represent your style. Do not let these categories “men’s wear” and “women’s wear” limit your options while you shop.
- Become a Better Shopper: Avoid filling your wardrobes with clothes you’ll never wear by cultivating the habit of shopping for exactly what you want. Styling an outfit becomes an easy task when your wardrobe consists of clothes you actually love.
6 Use a Belt: The appeal belts add to most outfits cannot be over-emphasized. Adding a belt to your look is one of the simplest ways to make an outfit look more fashionable. It also helps to balance a look that otherwise might not work.
- Play with Colours: Why settle for neutral when you have a variety of colours to explore? Learn what colour combinations suit your style and apply it to your attires. If you’re nervous about introducing more colours to your look, you can begin with one colourful piece. Don’t know where to begin? Just take a look at a colour wheel for inspiration.
- Combine Patterns and Textures: The era of matching clothes, bags, and shoes is long gone. Making bold fashion statements with combinations of prints and textures is a trend we love to see. You can start with neutral patterns like stripes or low-key textures like knits and leather. You can also pair your outfit with scarves, ties, or clutches made with small amounts of sequin and paisleys.
In summary, just be yourself and choose whatever works for you. Own up to your style and rock it like the king or queen you are.